Hạng D
16/1/13
Why should international students consider Wichita Collegiate School?
Đầu năm hỏi chuyện Đầu Tư Định Cư Mỹ Dự Án EB5

World-class academics with a proven record of providing excellent preparation for college. •

Dynamic, accomplished teachers who are committed to helping their students learn the skills they will need at college and beyond, including collaboration, creativity, problem solving, leadership, and how to communicate effectively. •

At WCS, it is "cool" to be smart, "cool" to play sports, and "cool" to perform on stage. Our scholars can also be athletes and artists. They do not need to choose to be only one or the other. Our athletic programs are typically very competitive, and our musical groups, musical and dramatic productions, and video production and studio art programs are also outstanding. •

Tutorials. While we love for students to participate in athletics and activities, everyone at WCS knows that academics are the top priority. That is why our faculty members stay in their rooms for tutorials for an hour after classes end at 3:00. In the Upper School activities and practices are not allowed to begin until tutorials are over at 4:00. •

Opportunities to gain college credit through up to 17 Advanced Placement (AP) and concurrent credit arrangementsthrough Wichita State University and Friends University. •

College counselors who stay on top of their profession, maintain excellent relationships with college admission representativesfrom colleges and universities all across the country. Our college counselors are experts in helping students identify colleges that are excellent fits for their interests and talents. The lists of colleges to which are students are accepted each year is always impressive. College Acceptances List. •

A welcoming, friendly environment that becomes like another family. The relationships between the students and teachers are based on mutual respect. The teachers become "friendly mentors," and the relationships often last a lifetime. •

21st Century Classrooms using impressive technology such as a gas chromatograph, a 3D printer and scanner, a UV (Ultra-Violet) visible spectrometer, etc. Each student in Grades 6-12 has the use of a tablet PC throughout their enrollment at WCS. The use of Microsoft OneNote provides an easy way to organize assignments and provide access to teachers notes, and the use of DyKnow technology also enhances the instruction. •

Wichita, Kansas is a wonderful setting for our school. With a population of approximately 385,000, it is easy to navigate and has many of the cultural amenities of much bigger cities. The city has a multicultural flair, with events and activities sponsored by residents representing a wide variety of nationalities and ethnicities. The friendliness and strong work ethics for which Mid-westerners are known are evident at WCS and in the greater community. Wichita is home to wonderful restaurants, a world-class zoo, numerous museums, a variety of popular sports teams, and much more.

Attachments

Hạng D
16/1/13
vị chi là cỡ 15k/ em?

Trường magnet là trường chuyên đề.

Trường đó có 3 chuyên đề cho học sinh hướng theo năng khiếu: science, art, law .

Trường nằm ở vùng heo hút nhưng các khu dân cư đang mở rộng (vẫn là nhà thưa vì đất quanh nhà rộng).

Students MUST apply to attend NEM through the districts magnet office. Selection of students is then done by a random lottery. However, students that have a sibling currently attending NEM and students that are in the Heights attendance area do have preferencial placement in the lottery system. The freshman class each year has about 240 students: approximately 120 science, 60 art and 60 law students.

It is very important students select the correct magnet area when they complete their application. Prospective students MUST LOVE the magnet area they select, as they will be completing numerous classes and projects focused in that area. If you are considering applying to NEM please see our Future Student pages to help determine if NEM is the correct high school for you.

Attachments

LX confirmed
Hạng B2
22/6/05
Trường này mua đất và xây tốn 370 triệu USD (trong hình lúc chưa hoàn thành).

View attachment 1814906

Dân tình phải đóng thêm thuế nhà đất mới có thể vay bank xây

Trường mới thì có đủ: theater chuẩn hiện đại, hồ bơi chuẩn Olympic, sân thể thao trong nhà, sân vận động đa năng ngoài trời, ... có thể nhận 850 học sinh (nhu cầu hiện tại là 700).

Hàng năm operating cost là 10-12 triệu USD (cho 800 học sinh)

Thấy mỗi học sinh dân tình đóng thuế nuôi kinh khủng không ???

Nghe vậy có dám qua không :)
Sao Su có thể dẫn link về chi phí xây trường không? Vì thấy toàn trên 100 triệu.
Trong khi bài này nói chi phí trung bình 43k/học sinh. Và chi phí cho một trường trung học cho 1000 học sinh là 45 triệu.
https://webspm.com/Articles/2015/07/01/School-Costs.aspx

Hạng D
16/1/13
Sao Su có thể dẫn link về chi phí xây trường không? Vì thấy toàn trên 100 triệu.
Trong khi bài này nói chi phí trung bình 43k/học sinh. Và chi phí cho một trường trung học cho 1000 học sinh là 45 triệu.
https://webspm.com/Articles/2015/07/01/School-Costs.aspx

Trường xịn thì giá cao :)

Cũng tương đương nhưng trường thường giá chỉ có 60 triệu USD để xây:

new-southeast-high-school-renderingcoutesy-sjcf-architecture*750xx1101-620-35-0.jpg

The Wichita Public Schools Board of Education voted Monday night to approve a nearly $60 million maximum price for the planned new Southeast High School.

Lễ khai trương cực kỳ đơn giản, không hoa lá cành và rình rang như Việt Nam :)

Attachments

Chỉnh sửa cuối:
Hạng D
16/1/13
Gương điển hình cho một học sinh khó khăn nhưng học khá giỏi

Senior Spotlight - Teaghan Johnson, Northeast Magnet High School

Northeast%20Senior%20Spotlight%20-%20Teaghan%20Johnson.JPG

Teaghan Johnson, senior at Northeast Magnet, describes herself as a busy bee. In addition to her classes at Northeast, she takes two classes at Butler Community College, works almost every evening and volunteers at least twice a week at a horse ranch.

“I like being busy and interacting with people,” she said.

Teaghan’s father is unable to work, so her mother is the family’s only source of income. Teaghan works many hours to help the family and to pay for the things she owns.

“I am very grateful for it and I am glad I had to learn to save money at an early age,” she said. “I feel it has made me humble and I am thankful for all the things that I have.”

“My mother is a very hard worker and a good role model. I want to work hard as well to make my parents proud of me,” she added.

Teaghan took classes in Northeast’s science magnet program, focusing on biomed. She said her favorite classes were math, chemistry and physics. She plans to go into the Air Force after graduation and then study dermatology. She said one of her goals is to possibly own her own clinic.

She said her favorite way to relax is to volunteer at the Little Creek Horse Ranch. Besides taking care of the horses, she is able to ride them on occasion.

“Hopefully someday I’ll have enough money to have a horse of my own. I just love them so much.”

LX confirmed
Hạng B2
22/6/05
Trường xịn thì giá cao :)

Cũng tương đương nhưng trường thường giá chỉ có 60 triệu USD để xây:

View attachment 1815443
new-southeast-high-school-renderingcoutesy-sjcf-architecture*750xx1101-620-35-0.jpg

The Wichita Public Schools Board of Education voted Monday night to approve a nearly $60 million maximum price for the planned new Southeast High School.
Su cho xin link về 2 trường xây hết 140 và 370 triệu với.

Hạng D
16/1/13
Su cho xin link về 2 trường xây hết 140 và 370 triệu với.

60M USD:

https://www.bizjournals.com/wichita...hool-board-approves-burk-purchase-of-usd.html

"A new $60 million Southeast High School is under construction at 2641 S. 127th St. East. That facility is expected to open in August 2016."

60 triệu đó là tiền xây dựng only

tiền trang thiết bị, sách, moving trường cũ sang mới, ... thì thêm vài chục triệu nữa .

140 & 370 quên add vào favorite links rồi :)

Chỉnh sửa cuối:
LX confirmed
Hạng B2
22/6/05
60M USD:

https://www.bizjournals.com/wichita...hool-board-approves-burk-purchase-of-usd.html

"A new $60 million Southeast High School is under construction at 2641 S. 127th St. East. That facility is expected to open in August 2016."

60 triệu đó là tiền xây dựng only

tiền trang thiết bị, sách, moving trường cũ sang mới, ... thì thêm vài chục triệu nữa .

140 & 370 quên add vào favorite links rồi :)
Su XL quá.
Link đây.
Trường Northeast High School xây hết có 31 triệu à.
The Wichita school district’s new $31 million Northeast High School
https://www.kansas.com/news/local/article1082523.html

Trong bài cũng có đề cập đến con số 370 triệu, nhưng đó là chương trình phát hành trái phiếu cho dự án nâng cấp và xây dựng 75 trường trên toàn Chihuahua:
https://www.ksn.com/news/local/usd-259-bond-projects-completed_20180103081455638/898663540
The bond issue provided improvements to 75 schools, and added 60 storm shelters to make sure every school has safe rooms.