Tập Lái
15/3/07
Hi everybody,
I just got a 1985 Jeep CJ7. It is tan color with 118k miles. The previous owner cut off the panels because of the rust. I will post pictures later as the project goes. My plan is restoring it from the frame up. I going to using the frame and axles from 1996 Isuzu trooper ( a friend of mine gave it to me for free). The Isuzu drivetrain from Isuzu is softer with independent front suspension while the Jeep have leaf springs. Also the Isuzu has lower gear ratio. I going to use the diesel engine from 1984 Mercedes Benze 300SD which I bought for $400.I do not use the 6 cylinder gas engine from the Jeep because it ‘’ drinks’’ gas like Vietnamese drinks their beer( ha ha) just kidding. I will see if there is any interests in my project. I will update with more information. By the way,  I bought the Cj7 for $650 ( Jeep still keep it price pretty good). I am going to look for a 5 speed transmission from Jeep Wrangler which is stronger  and it has higher  overdrive ratio (0.79 compare to 0.86 ratio from my  T5 Jeep Cj7 transmission) . That keeps my RPM down on highway driving. Thanks for reading.
JXL

Last edited by a moderator:
Tập Lái
15/3/07
Moi can ban vao Jeep Club Forum de xem tiep nhe. Xin loi minh khong nen post o day. Chao than ai
JXL